Friday, December 14, 2018
Friday, December 7, 2018
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for responding to maintenance requests as instructed by the Maintenance Manager/Supervisor or property staff, or as requested by residents or vendors. This position ensures that the physical aspects of the property meet the Company’s established standards and any applicable laws.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedules, monitors and/or performs preventative maintenance and apartment turns.
- Diagnoses problems and repairs in the areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, swimming pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural, and appliances.
- Ensures that work order requests are responded to promptly and professionally.
- Ensures residential units have been turned in a timely and efficient manner, as well as determines if work has been completed properly.
- Provides excellent customer service to prospective and current tenants, and promotes a quality living experience for all residents.
- Provides on-call pager service when scheduled and performs emergency maintenance work when required.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts Maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
- Assists supervisor with scheduling and communicating with vendors and contractors.
- Assists supervisor with obtaining bids from outside contractors, as well as oversees contractor work for completeness.
- Assists with purchasing maintenance supplies for the property while staying within the planned budget.
- Accurately prepares and submits property invoices in accordance with established guidelines.
- Communicates with supervisor regarding the overall maintenance function of the property.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to use a personal computer or other computer tracking systems used at the property.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, and key track system.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity in a variety of situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to drive an automobile
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in property management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade is required.
- Current driver license and automobile insurance.
- May require one or more of the following certifications: o EPA Certification, Type I and II.
- HVAC Certification.
- CPO certification (pool).
- Other licenses and/or certifications as required by state law.
- Must maintain professional appearance and comply with prescribed uniform policy.
- Must comply with all safety regulations, including the use of back brace, safety goggles and gloves when appropriate.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis; Overtime may be required for this position.
- Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- Must be reachable via phone or pager, except during approved time off.
- Must be available to work on-call or when needed due to staffing shortages.
- Some travel may be required.
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, feeling.
- Moderate climbing, balancing, crawling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting and talking, hearing, and smelling.
- Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, wrists, legs, and feet.
- Pronounced visual acuity (near and far) and field of vision.
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Ability to identify and distinguish color.
- Ability to distinguish the differences or similarities in odors using nose.
- Ability to lift and/or move an excess of 100 pounds or more.
- Ability to use standard maintenance equipment.
- Ability to compare, copy, compute, compile, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, communicate, and instruct.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision.
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions (temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different regions).
- Exposure to noise, vibrations, atmospheric conditions as well as working in confined or restricted spaces.
- Potential exposure to communicable diseases through frequent contact with public.
- Possible exposure to short-tempered or aggressive people.
- Potential exposure to chemicals, electrical shock, heights, moving mechanical parts or machines, and fire.
To apply for this position, please send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, November 28, 2018
Monday, November 26, 2018
Responsible for preparing apartments for new residents and assisting Lead Maintenance Technician with additional maintenance responsibilities.
This position is responsible for all of the following:
- Completing light maintenance repairs in order to prepare apartments for new residents
- Completing maintenance requests on occupied apartments including, but not limited to, plumbing repairs and replacements, major appliance repairs, interior and exterior carpentry, painting, and roof repairs
- Performing maintenance in leasing office, clubhouse, laundry rooms, models, pool areas, and property fences
- Maintaining pool and Jacuzzi areas including chemical checks, cleaning, and repairs to the system
- Assessing extraordinary maintenance required for the property (i.e., replacing guttering, parking lot repairs, repairing outside lighting, repairing and replacing patio and privacy fences, determining carpet damage)
- Responsible for depositing ice-melt and shoveling snow as necessary during inclement weather
- Ordering maintenance materials, supplies, and products for the property with the approval of the Property Manager
- Relaying or repairing carpeting
- Assuming the responsibilities of a Lead Maintenance Technician when necessary
- Completing all job-related tasks assigned by Property Manager or Property Supervisor
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Six (6) months related experience, including light electrical and plumbing
- Must be able to read, speak and understand English for business purposes
- Must be able to read and write instructions, short correspondence, memos, service requests, and to converse with residents, co-workers, and vendors in a professional manner .
- Available for on-call
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb stairs; use hands to grasp, finger, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk; hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be physically capable of moving appliances (refrigerators, washers, dryers) with the assistance of an appliance dolly.
- Employees may also be required to lift heavy objects up to 75 pounds with the assistance of a dolly and another employee.
- Must be physically capable of removing, repairing, and reinstalling: garbage disposals, light fixtures, doors, refrigerators, sinks, bathroom stools, washers, dryers, and dishwashers.
To apply for this excellent job opportunity, please click HERE!
Friday, November 9, 2018
Nationally recognized Property Management firm seeking experienced, knowledgeable and motivated Property Manager in the field of Multi-family Housing Property Management. Successful applicants will have extensive knowledge of Conventional and LIHTC property management operations, budget management, marketing and leasing, resident relations, repairs and maintenance.
The Property Manager role is responsible for:
- Hiring, training and supervising of site personnel
- Leasing, Marketing and Occupancy efforts
- Financial oversight of the property supervised, ensuring smooth operation
- Maintaining excellent curb appeal
- Annual budget preparation and adherence
- Revenue growth and expense control
- Meeting scheduled reporting deadlines with accuracy
- Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable federal state and laws
- Minimum three to five years of experience as a Property Manager
- Associates degree or two to three years of related experience and training
- Property Management Software experience
- Microsoft Office suite experience desirable
- Valid Driver's license
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
To apply for this position, please send your resumé and contact information to email@example.com with "Manager - Jackson" in the subject line.