The Maintenance Technician functions under general supervision while performing a variety of maintenance tasks and preventative maintenance in and around the apartment community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS STATEMENT(S)
- Schedule and complete preventative maintenance checks.
- Work within expense limits established by the Company.
- Maintain inventory controls for cost effective operations.
- Read and comprehend maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged appliances.
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned.
- Complete make-ready process of vacant apartments as directed.
- Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service responses.
- Carry on-call cell phone as required.
- Monitor and maintain all building systems as assigned.
- Responsible for alerting the Property Manager of any unusual occurrences and/or damage that has taken place or that may occur.
- Complete grounds work as directed by the Property Manager, which may include picking up trash, sweeping, pressure washing, clearing dumpster area and maintaining landscape.
- Complete quarterly unit by unit inspections
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all Company guidelines.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) Must demonstrate literacy in the English language including reading
- Experience: Three to six months related experience and/or training
- Computer Skills: Basic working knowledge of; data entry, work processing. Property Management software (i.e. One-Site, Real Page).
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid State Issued Drivers’ License, Current HVAC Certification
- Other Requirements: Authorized to work in the United States
Please click the link below to apply for this position today!