We are seeking an awesome Service Technician for our Community in Ridgeland, MS! As a Service Technician you will be asked to manage the long term sustainability and quality of the community while working with your Service Supervisor to execute the strategy of the owner. You will be asked to assist in effectively managing the community’s reputation, ensuring a clean, safe environment and working to provide a better than expected place to live while gaining the trust and respect of the residents. You will be asked to work with your Service Supervisor to find effective and creative solutions to manage expenses. You will be the primary communication with the existing renters and your efforts will determine how many will choose to renew their lease on an annual basis.
Along with this responsibility comes a very high level of expectations. You are an integral part of a multi-million dollar company. You are a master of your trade and enjoy challenges while setting and reaching goals. At Elmington, you will be pushed to Forget The Ordinary & Think Like an Owner. Every day.
To be an effective Service Technician at Elmington, you will need to:
· Have a great attitude
· Have a valid driver’s license
· Be HVAC Certified
· Have high expectations
· Think BEYOND the box
· Work with passion
· Have a tireless work ethic
· Be self-motivated and self-starting
· Be confident
· Be a passionate worker with a positive personality
· Take pride in your work
· Be a good listener
· Offer a solution with every problem
· Go above and beyond for your residents
· Positively promote your community
Your Key Job Responsibilities will be to:
· Diagnose problems and repair major appliances, HVAC, plumbing, electrical (when no license required), general carpentry, pool care, roof and gutter repairs.
· Address issues with landscaping and snow/ice removal
· Communicate effectively with residents and coworkers even in difficult situations
· Provide exceptional customer service
· Perform service requests correctly and in a timely manner
· Operating computers and other technological devices to access email, and company utilized software
· Successfully execute Elmington’s non-negotiables related to service work orders and vacant unit turns
Essential Functions of Your Role Include, but are not limited to:
· Effective communication
· Maintain the physical condition of the property
· Utilize hand tools and power tools
· Physically inspect the property in its entirety
· Building maintenance and repairs
· Responding to issues outside of normal work schedule when required
· Accurately reporting all time worked by clocking in before beginning to work and out only when done working
· Following all company policies and procedures
Please email your resume to email@example.com with "Service Tech - Ridgeland"
in the subject line.
The company will recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate its employees based upon factors such as work quality, behavior, training, and experience. In compliance with local, state, and federal laws, we provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, protected age category, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, military status, or physical or mental disability of any individual who is otherwise qualified.