Functions under general supervision while performing a variety of maintenance tasks and preventative maintenance in and around the apartment community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS STATEMENT(S)
- Schedule and complete preventative maintenance checks.
- Work within expense limits established by the Company.
- Maintain inventory controls for cost effective operations.
- Read and comprehend maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged appliances.
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned.
- Complete make-ready process of vacant apartments as directed.
- Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service responses.
- Carry on-call cell phone as required.
- Monitor and maintain all building systems as assigned.
- Responsible for alerting the Property Manager of any unusual occurrences and/or damage that has taken place or that may occur.
- Complete grounds work as directed by the Property Manager which may include picking up trash, sweeping, pressure washing, clearing dumpster area and maintaining landscape.
- Complete quarterly unit by unit inspections
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all Company guidelines.
- Complete time worked and mileage reimbursement records in a timely manner
- Maintain a professional, courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors and fellow employees.
- Complete Training Guide, online Grace Hill training and instructor led courses required for the position.
- Ensure compliance of all work related activities in fair, ethical and consistent manner.
- Follow established Company policies and procedures.
- Arrive to work as scheduled and prepared.
- Any other task as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) Must demonstrate literacy in the English language including reading
- Experience: Three to six months related experience and/or training
- Computer Skills: Basic working knowledge of; data entry, work processing. Property Management software (i.e. One-Site, Real Page).
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid State Issued Drivers’ License, Current HVAC Certification
- Other Requirements: Authorized to work in the United States
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work related problems. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized
Please click HERE to apply for this great job opportunity!