Community Manager wanted for a large conventional Apartment Home Community. Must have 3 years prior experience as an Community Manager.
The Community Manager is fully accountable for all day-to-day property operations, overseeing and enhancing the value of the property. The Community Manager is expected to effectively manage and coordinate people, activities, and available resources in order to accomplish objectives to maximize occupancy levels and community values.
Job responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate ability to understand financial goals, operate asset in owner's best interest
- Maintain accurate records of all community transactions and submit on a timely basis, i.e. rent rolls, delinquency reports, move-in/move-out, etc.
- Prepare annual budgets and income projections in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure that all rents and late fees/check charges are collected, posted and deposited in a timely manner
- Generate necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with state, local and company guidelines
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations, and certificates of insurance
- Ensure property is leased to the fullest capacity
- Utilize marketing strategies to secure prospective residents
- Confirm that leasing staff techniques are effective in obtaining closing
- Continually monitor and analyze traffic logs, conversion ratios, budget guidelines, renewal information, marketing data
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Lead emergency team for community by ensuring the proper response and handling of all community emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. within company guidelines and to minimize liabilities such as criminal activity in the community, employee and/or resident injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc.
- Resident Retention
- Address resident concerns and requests in a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction
- Develop and/or implement resident retention programs
- Ensure timely distribution of all company or community-issued notices
- Personnel Management
- Consistently use successful techniques and company practices to screen, hire, orient, and train new employees
- Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling, and leadership
- Plan weekly/daily office staff schedules and assignments
- Coordinate maintenance schedule and assignments with lead maintenance staff
- Coordinate with Human Resources to effectively address employee performance concerns
- Provide support to staff to encourage team work and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment
- Ensure all administrative processes are handled in a timely fasion
- Maintain community appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed in a timely manner
- Conduct regular community inspections and tours
- Ensure that models and market-ready homes are walked daily and communicate any service related needs to maintenance
The Community Manager must possess a property manager license in good standing; a minimum of 3 years experience as an on-site Apartment Community Manager to include supervision responsiblities. This person should be able to demonstrate the ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and initiate the appropriate course of action. Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under any circumstance. Required software skills include Microsoft Office Suite; preferred software skills include AMSI, Facebook, Twitter, and OnSite. This person should be able to work nights and weekends in times of emergency; as well as the ability to travel when necessary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Basic Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Additional Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays