SPM, LLC, one of the leading apartment management companies in the U.S., is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for Chesterfield Apartments located near downtown Birmingham, Alabama.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the prompt and efficient performance of all tasks assigned by the Community Manager and for continuous self-improvement of skills and expertise. The technician is responsible for maintaining the physical condition of the community from both a preventative and corrective standpoint. HVAC Certified is a must, as well as plumbing, electrical, maintenance and painting experience required.
- Ensure that residents are provided a clean, well-maintained community
- Experience with plumbing, electrical and painting required.
- Satisfy service requests promptly (within 24 hours) and efficiently
- Exercise control over maintenance expenditures including keeping an inventory of frequently used parts and replacement items
- Implement and follow OSHA safety programs
- Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty pounds
- Must have a valid driver's license, proper automobile liability insurance, and dependable transportation.
- Must be a fast learner and self-motivated
- Must be honest, courteous and possess cooperative character traits
- HVAC certified is a must
- Good communication and organizational skills required
- Drug test and background check required
- Knowledge in all plumbing (toilets, faucets, and piping repairs)
- Technician required to be "on-call" for after-hours emergency service
At SPM, our employees are just as important to us as our residents. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet your needs. Additional benefits are achieved the longer you are with us, such as increased paid time off. Here are just a few of the benefits SPM offers:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Life & Disability Insurance
- Holidays and Paid Time Off for Personal, Sick and Vacation Time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
PLEASE EMAIL RESUMES TO: DanielleB@spm.net
SPM, LLC. is a smoke and drug free work place. Equal Opportunity Employer.